Monday 9 April 2007

Only one month to go.

Yes, that's right one month today and I fly off to Peru, in fact at this time one month on I shall be in Lima and the following morning we shall fly up to Cusco. I still cannot believe that it is happening and there is so much to fit in inbetween that I feel it will not really hit me until I am at the airport - or perhaps when I stay at Elaine's house the night before.

I did a fair amount of walking today. I woke early and was in real need of a brisk walk so went out for 50 minutes or so. Being Easter Monday, it was really quiet but it was such a beautiful morning and I really enjoyed not having to share it with too many others. I included the hills and once again was pleased at how easy I found them - I do remember the times when even these would have taken it out of me.

Later on in the day we completed two more county tops for our Pointless Odyssey Trip and those hills seemed really easy - see http://www.pointlessodyssey.blogspot.com

I think my problem on the Inca Trail will be slowing down. I am used to walking at a fast pace but the way to tackle the altitude is slowly, slowly. I will have to ask the girls to remind me of this.

No comments:

Post a Comment