Wednesday 14 March 2007

Head for the hills

I find myself wanting to head for the hills. It must be the stage in my Inca Trail training. Perhaps I feel that my stamina on the flat is fine, which actually it is, so the next step is to add more inclines.

I think it also has to do with reading about the trek in my newest book, some of the descriptions in the book make your calves hurt by just reading them. As my philosophy is to set out on these treks fully prepared so you get maximum pleasure from them should not be ignored.

Recently I was saying that hills were getting easier and now I need to get steeper and steeper and put some of Mike's tips into play. There are a number of local hills to try it out on so be prepared to see my in Buckhurst Hill more often and it's time too to get back into Pointless Odyssey and head north.

It's a good feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment