Sunday 11 March 2007

Capital Ring

Just had another fabulous day on the Capital Ring with the East End Girls - I love those women.

Nic and Zara made this one and I hadn't seen either of them since the Aviva Walk last September. Both are fine and Nic is also doing the Inca Trail but as part of a month long trip to South America, it sounds brilliant. She goes in September so we shall be able to feed back our experiences. As my new guide book indicates the best places in Cusco to eat for Vegetarian, Mexican etc. including the best places for hot chocolate, there will definately be info worth passing on. I want to know the best places to go for Pisco Sours!! If anyone reading this knows, please get in touch, all advice gratefully received.

Again we had fantastic weather, I believe Geraldine will have the strap marks to prove it - thankyou Universe, you never fail to deliver. It was blue skies and sunshine all round and just a lovely little breeze making sure we didn't overheat.

We did overshoot though!! Every walk so far we have managed to get so caught up in discussion and laughter - surprise, surprise, that we miss a Capital Ring sign. Today was no different, so we had to retrace our steps back down the hill and head off in another direction. Poor Kathy was distraught as she asumes all downs mean another up and she hates them. I didn't think this was going to happen though, as at this stage we were heading for the Thames at Richmond and it is definitely in the valley. However, walking to the top of the hill, even if we weren't meant to, gave us a stunning view over London. We could see everything from the Wembley Arch to the left, right over to the Gerkin and Canary Wharf. Now if we hadn't gone to far.......

Teresa and I were discussing our ability to get lost later and she came out with this great comment - 'We don't get lost we just overshoot' - how apt is that?

Apart from Cathy's comment first thing this morning that I had lost weight - tell me more of that, and I have. I was finding the hills much easier and although I am just about to jump into a hot bath, I am feeling really good.

2 comments:

  1. Hello Heather. I've just read your blog and delighted you and your pals are walking the Capital Ring. Do let me know if you manage to complete it as I like to keep a record of completions and you will be entitled to a certificate. Happy walking!
    Colin Saunders, Capital Ring Project Manager colin.saund@btconnect.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best Pisco Sour in Cusco at the MAP Cafe or Hotel Monasterio. Best Vegetarian AND Hot Chocolate at Moni our Cafe Restaurant in San Agustin.

    All the best
    Michael

    ReplyDelete