Sunday 25 January 2009

It's a great way to start the weekend.



Four of us went out yesterday morning just after 9.00 to do the first of Elaine and Gill's longer training walks for the Moonwalk. Three and a half hours later we were back after a coffee stop at one of the tea huts and had done just over 9 miles. Way to go.

This is my ideal way to spend my time and in great company the time just flies and you see so much. Even though I was revisiting old walks, the changes in season and the people around always brings something new.

Elaine and Gill started their training in plenty of time for this walk in May and they've been doing really well. I'd worked on their development plan during the week now that we're into the New Year as it's time to walk more often and also for longer. They need to take on more for themselves but there are also East End Girl walks for them to take part in and the weekend training walks too.

By April they'll have walked 20-22 miles on two occasions and I know that the 26.3 mile Moonwalk will not pose any problems for them.
Myself and three of the other EEG's have also signed up for the Pink Ribbon Walk in June so these training walks will also provide us with training opportunities.

I was so motivated when I got back, I washed the car.

No comments:

Post a Comment