Tuesday 14 August 2007

Outdoor Inspiration on Sunday night.


BBC 4 had my attention on Sunday night first with Griff Rees Jones' programme 'Mountain'. This week in was in the Cairngorms and also climbed Ben Nevis by the hardest route. Such inspiration, I just find myself wanting to take the East End Girls out there. I wish I hadn't missed the week before when he was in the Lakes - my favourite walking spot in the UK.



However, my fix of the Lakes came after with a relatively new series on walking Wainwright's favourite walks. This time it was Julia Bradbury tramping in the sunshine, if only the Lakes always looked like that. Actually they look wonderful in any weather. She was climbing to the summit of both Crinkle Crags and Bowfell and using a great ridge walk to get from one to the other. That's gone down on my must do list now.

You all know where I will be on Sunday evening then........

No comments:

Post a Comment