Saturday 13 January 2007

So nice to start walking in daylight, it was about 10a.m. when I went out this morning. Already I am getting speedier. I extended one of my usual morning routes as I seemed to be getting round fairly quickly but even that just added 5 minutes. I need to have a look at the map and see what else I can do.

Have started getting more feedback from my fellow Inca Trail walkers as to what they are up to.....

Gemma says "the challenge of Machu Picchu is obviously not enough for me as I have also managed to secure myself a place in the London marathon this year!! I am running for Breakthrough so have had to commit to raising another £2000 which will be a bit of a pain but I'm sure I can do it. I'm not sure which is going to be hardest, raising the money or running 26.2 miles!! I have started training and it is going quite well but still have a long way to go. The marathon is only 2.5 weeks before Peru so hopefully I will be super-fit for the trek.

I think all I need to do is make sure she gets some serious hills in somewhere.

Helen has invited us down to walk in the Brecon Beacons so we are trying to find a weekend that suits - biggest challenge of all. Elaine has been helping find a date to get us all together so people like Helen who knows none of the other girls can start to feel part of this sensational six!! and Christine and Teresa will join me on the East End girls walk tomorrow. I know Elaine has been forgoing her bike a little for walking complete with rucksack and I shall see if I can get her out for a walk next Saturday as she is staying over with us.

Finally just have to comment on this for excellent customer service. I went into my local framing shop to have a caricature framed. Ascertaining that it was not urgent, the guy in the shop said it would be ready on Tuesday. A couple of hours later I got a call saying it was complete. How's that for under promising and over developing? My shoe menders also did some heels for me in very short time and Faye in the Dry Cleaners provides such excellent service that she is having to expand her business rapidly. South Woodford is such a great place to live.

No comments:

Post a Comment