Saturday 6 January 2007

Grey Days

I had great intentions during the week of trying to get some of my colleagues on the Inca Trail together so that we could start working on these hills. The only thing that stopped me was running out of time.

However, having seen the weather today, I am quite pleased that nothing got arranged.

Not don't get me wrong, I am not a wimpy 'fine weather only' walker. No, I have been out in blizzards, all sorts of rain and horrendous winds. Somehow though, when you are already out there and then the rain starts, I find it easier to go with. It is the setting out in rain from the beginning that I do not like and today is such a grey day.

I suppose the pressure is not on either yet. If it was then nothing would stop me but for a while I still have a choice.

Instead I have been doing some Pilates and working on building up my arm muscles. Next week the real work starts and on Sunday the East End girls do their first walk on the Capital Ring. I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment