Thursday 20 August 2009

Walking everywhere.



Just back from 8 wonderful days in France where apart from sitting in the garden and visiting the local pool, we walked along the Nivernais canal from Clamency, revisited my favourite walk from our village and explored the updated Sancerre Trail but more about that later when I get the photos downloaded and the emails dealt with......

Today, I'm organising our next section of the Thames Path taking us from Culham to Oxford which happens on Saturday and although a small group only, I have the feeling it will be a beautiful walk.

I've just flicked through the latest copy of Country Walking which has loads for me to share with you over the days and weeks and am delighted to have found, buried in the emails, a new site and a hidden garden walk in the City of London where apparently there are about 200 hidden gardens ranging from secret courtyards to little-known walkways which can be discovered by taking some of the Green City Walks .

The walks kick off from 1.30pm at Moorgate Tube station every Wednesday, finishing at Bank at 3.45pm. Other great strolls on offer include the ‘Time Tunnel’, a journey through the City’s history from the 21st century to the days of Londinium, and ‘Jewels of the East’ exploring the beauty of the Regent's Canal, the Hertford Union Canal, Victoria Park and Mile End Park.


Whether I join in with the Green City Walks or explore them myself, I'm going to get out there. I love being introduced to new places to walk and I've come across enough even this morning to do me for the coming year I think.

It literally is walking everywhere!

No comments:

Post a Comment