Friday 5 June 2009

Walking the Petworth House 20 Mile Pink Ribbon Walk


Yes, I need you.


On June 27th, that's just three weeks away, I'm walking 20 miles in one of Breast Cancer Care's Pink Ribbon Walks. This is the first time I've done one of these and my team of 6, including me, have been training hard. We've done as many as 23 miles so we're all going to complete the walk and in the usual East End Girls Style.


We all love to walk and we're also passionate about using our walking talent to help others. We met when I ran training walks to train local women to do the 60K Aviva Breakthrough to Breast Cancer walk in 2006 and as a result of that formed a fabulous women only walking group. Now we walk once a month at least.


We've all had friends or family who have had this disease, some have survived, some haven't. I've seen a couple of female colleagues not even reach their 40th birthday, 2 children at my daughter's primary school left without a mum, and just over a year ago a close friend lost her battle against this disease which takes away too many wonderful women in the prime of their lives when they have so much to give. Happily, I've also seen wonderful women overcome it and bloom even more as a result of having to face their own mortality much earlier than expected.


I need you to sponsor me and help fund services and support, research and publicity so that this tragic loss of life can be prevented.


Just click on this link - http://www.justgiving.com/heatherwaring1 and follow the instructions.


Thanks so much

Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment